Back-To-School & Summer Vacation Tips
Are You Stressed?
Heading Back-To-School - Signs & Symptoms To Look Out For:
- Feeling sad or down
- Reduced ability to concentrate
- Extreme feelings of guilt
- Withdrawal from friends/activities
- Low energy or problems sleeping
- Crying more often
- Refusing or avoiding school
- Experiencing a regression in behaviors
- Paranoia or hallucinations
- Inability to cope with stress
- Problems with alcohol/drug use
- Major changes in eating habits
- Excessive anger/hostility/violence
- Increased irritability
- Increased clinginess
- Increased thoughts about death,
safety, or suicide
Tips for Having a Successful Summer Break
The transition from school to summer break can be a stressful period. Even though school’s out and kids are excited for a break, a sense of routine can be easily lost and the aftermath might be less than ideal. Parents and caregivers may see a shift in behavior and need some guidance for maintaining some structure while the kids have fun, too. Continue reading to find out how to have a successful summer break with tips from Erica Chavie, a School-Based Therapist at Nystrom & Associates….
Click here to learn more about our psychiatry and medication services.
Click here to learn more about Substance Use Disorder Treatment.