Marriage and Family Therapy/Social Work/Clinical Counseling & Psychology Interships
Each year we have available slots for interns in our community-based programs at all of our locations.
- Our intern program starts in the fall and it is a one-year commitment
- We begin taking applications in the early part of the year.
- We conduct interviews in the early months as most students need to secure their site by early spring
- We take approximately 15 interns a year.
- We will continue to interview until our slots are filled.
Interns will gain the knowledge to integrate
- Diagnostic Assessments
- Treatment Plans
- Progress Notes
- Concurrent Documentation
- Ability to build rapport and join with a client
- Ability to maintain rehabilitative function for their clients
- Knowledge of working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Exposure to working in a multi-program agency
We accept Masters level interns working on their degree in
- Social Work (2nd year)
- Marriage and Family Therapy
Below is some brief information regarding the internships
- Each intern will begin by shadowing our practitioners in the community.
- Each intern will receive an appropriate caseload of clients to serve.
- Interns work under the supervision of a licensed professional and will receive supervision, both individual and group.
- Each intern will have opportunities to observe clinical work in other divisions of our agency such as Psychological Testing, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Psychiatry/Medication Management, Chemical Dependency Treatment, and Adult Day Treatment.
- Interns go through our program in a cohort and will have a monthly cohort meeting with opportunities to hear from interns in other divisions as well as listen to additional training topics.
We are currently accepting resumes.
Please send to:
Nystrom & Associates, Ltd.
Brighton Professional Building
Attn: Human Resources
1900 Silver Lake Road, Suite 110, New Brighton, MN 55112
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org