Brief description of program: The ARMHS program is a skills-based, in-home, program that assists our clientele with becoming as independent and fully-functioning as possible through the stabilization of their mental health symptoms and through acquiring skills. Patients served: Clients are all over the age of 18 and have a mental health diagnosis. In addition to this, all of our clients are on Medical assistance (MA) or Pre-Paid Medical Assistance Plans (PMAP) Internship Training Goals: Our interns are expected to take on a small case load of clients (typically around 5-6 clients) whom they meet with weekly for a minimum of an hour and a half, attend all staff and team meetings, participate in company offered CEUs, attend intern cohort meetings, attend individual supervision with their assigned supervisor weekly, and assist with ARMHS groups or other tasks that may present themselves within the program. Length of internship and requirements:
- Length and weekly schedule requirements: We require at least a 9 month commitment of 15-20 hours per week (600-700 hours total).
- Attend the monthly Internship Cohort Meeting from 12:00pm – 1:30pm on the third Tuesday of each month
- Attend 1 monthly staff meeting on the 1st Thursday of each month from 8am-10am
- Attend weekly supervision session with assigned supervisor, who is a licensed clinical mental health professional
- Attend initial six day training at the New Brighton office at the commencement of the internship and 5 sessions of follow up training that will occur on Friday’s from 8am-10am following the training
- Attend three one-hour long video Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) each month at Nystrom & Associates, Ltd.
- Educational degree: students must be pursuing a master’s degree in either social work, marriage and family therapy or psychology at an accredited university
Locations of Internship: All Minnesota Locations accept interns in ARMHS Application Process:
- We accept applications throughout the entire year on an ongoing basis.
To apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Specify in your cover letter which internship program you are applying to, when you would like your internship to begin and which Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. locations you would be interested in conducting your internship. Also, send your school’s specific internship requirements.