Children's Therapeutic Supports and Services (CTSS) Internships
Brief description of the program:
The CTSS program provides in-home mental health services to children diagnosed with mental illness and their families. We use a systems approach as the participation of the family in the process will produce the greatest chance for success. Our staff meets with the child and/or family at least two times per week for extended hours. We are available to meet with families in their homes, the child’s school, daycare, or another appropriate community location.
Children, adolescents, and their families (ages 5 – 20) diagnosed with mental illness affecting two or more of the following areas: home, school, and community.
Internship Training Goals:
Provide community-based rehabilitative services to children and adolescents with a mental health diagnosis. Design and implement treatment/intervention in-home reflective of client needs. Conduct diagnostic assessments with supervision. Maintain legibly and organized patient electronic health records in accordance with the policy of the company and requirements of the State of Minnesota.
Length of internship and requirements:
- Length and weekly schedule requirements: We require at least a 9-month commitment of 15-20 hours per week (600-700 hours total).
- Typically more afternoon/evening hours as children/parents are more available “after school.”
- Attend the monthly Internship Cohort Meeting from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm on the third Tuesday of each month
- Attend 1 monthly staff meeting on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 9 am-11 am
- Attend weekly supervision session with assigned supervisor, who is a licensed clinical mental health professional
- Attend initial six-day training at the New Brighton office at the commencement of the internship and 5 sessions of follow up training that will occur on Friday’s from 8 am-10 am following the training
- Attend three one-hour long video Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) each month at Nystrom & Associates, Ltd.
- Educational degree: students must be pursuing a master’s degree in either social work, marriage and family therapy or psychology at an accredited university
Locations of Internship:
All Minnesota Locations accept interns in CTSS
- We accept applications throughout the entire year on an ongoing basis, but it is recommended that interns apply 6 months in advance of when he/she would be looking to start his/her internship as internships are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and based on location/supervisor availability.
- To inquire about applying to our clinical internships/practicums, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A follow-up email will be sent to you with application form instructions.