Brief description of the program:
In Psychiatry, interns/students will participate in and conduct patient assessments, formulate appropriate treatment plans including medication prescriptions, monitor patient medications, order and interpret necessary lab work, and coordinate care with other physicians who may be treating a patient for other health conditions as well as coordinating care with other mental health professionals within and outside of Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. (NAL).
Our Psychiatry program serves outpatient care to patients with varied diagnoses including but not limited to: depression, bipolar, borderline personality disorder, other axis II disorders, addictions, PTSD, and ADHD disorders. Patients come from varied backgrounds, socioeconomic status, and life circumstances. We provide assessment and medication management to all ages (children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly).
Internship Training Goals:
Our interns/students are expected to assess new patients and take on a small caseload of patients for ongoing care, attend assigned staff and team meetings, participate in the company offered CEUs, attend intern cohort meetings, and attend individual supervision with their assigned supervisor weekly.
Length of internship and requirements:
- The length of the internship is flexible based on your educational facility requirements.
- Weekly schedule requirements include and are not limited to;
- Shadow assigned medical staff supervisor, who is a licensed psychiatric provider.
- Attend the monthly Internship Cohort Meeting from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm on the third Tuesday of each month, when available.
- Attend initial 4-5 day medical provider training prior to the commencement of the internship, when available.
- This training is focused on learning our Psychiatry Program policies and procedures including in-depth training on our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Attend three one-hour long video Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) each month at Nystrom & Associates, Ltd., when available.
- Educational degree: students must be pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree at an accredited university in the field of medicine, advanced practice nursing, or physician assistant studies.
Locations of Internship:
All locations accept interns in psychiatry. Availability is limited based on supervisor availability.
- We accept applications throughout the entire year on an ongoing basis.
- To inquire about applying to our clinical internships/practicums,
please email email@example.com.
A follow-up email will be sent to you with application form instructions.