Chaska Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services
Chaska Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) program is provided by the sister company of Nystrom & Associates, Family Support Services, Inc. (FSSI). ARMHS, otherwise known as skills therapy, involves activities that restore a client’s skills essential for managing his or her illness, treatment, and the requirements of everyday independent living.
What Basic Living & Social Skills Are Taught?
- Managing the symptoms of mental illness
- Managing a household
- Planning for employment
- Pursuing education
- Re-entering community living after treatment
- Communicating opinions, thoughts, feelings, or key information with others
- Discovering and using community resources to get needs met
- Getting outside help to deal with a difficult situation
- Preventing relapse
- Budgeting and shopping
- Developing a healthy lifestyle
- Learning to get around the community
- Monitoring use and effectiveness of medications
*Patients must be on Medical Assistance or a Prepaid Medical Assistance Product
What Can I Expect With Chaska Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services?
- Our team will meet with you in your home or other community settings
- An ARMHS practitioner will meet with the patient at least once a week for a minimum of 1.5 hours per week
- Clients continue to work with their ARMHS practitioner until their goals are met
- Our team of providers will work with your family and/or care team while you receive services from us if requested
Our providers on the Chaska Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services team are here to help you or a loved one reach their independent living goals.
For children’s therapeutic services and supports, click here.
About Chaska, MN
Chaska is a city in Carver County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 23,770 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Carver County, which is part of the Minneapolis–St. Paul–Bloomington, MN-WI Metropolitan Statistical Area.