DBT Adult DD/TBI Skills Training Group
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is an evidence-based treatment created by Dr. Marsha Linehan. DBT is designed for people to learn to manage their emotions and that building a life worth living is possible. DBT has proven effective in treating personality disorders, chronic depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, and addictions. Our DBT program includes weekly individual therapy, weekly skills training group, access to after-hours DBT phone coaching, and a DBT consultation team of committed and certified DBT therapists.
Who is eligible?
DBT Adult DD/TBI Skills Training Group is designed for individuals:
- Who have cognitive issues or are in need of a slower pace due to learning difficulties or brain injury
- Who have participated in other therapy services which have not been helpful
- Who struggle to regulate their behaviors and emotions effectively which causes severe impairment to their quality of life
- Diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder or have multiple mental health diagnoses
- Who struggle with impulsive behaviors and/or self-harm behavior
- Most health insurance plans, including Medical Assistance and pre-paid Medical Assistance, plans cover DBT services
What can I expect?
- Weekly individual therapy sessions
- Access to phone coaching
- One year commitment to the adult program
- The weekly skills training group
- DBT therapists participate in a consultation team
- Weekly homework assignments to help practice skills
What DBT modules are taught?
- Mindfulness – learning skills to help us experience our current environment, sensations, feelings, and thoughts in a non-judgmental way
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – learning skills to help reduce painful and chaotic relationships
- Emotion Regulation – learning skills to help understand and regulate emotions and impulses
- Distress Tolerance – learning skills to help survive crises as well as tolerate and deal with pain in a more effective way