Edina Child Therapist
Our Edina Child Therapist believes that play therapy can play a pivotal role in confronting problems and negative emotions in a clinical setting. Edina Child Therapist and Play therapists are uniquely trained to assess and understand the contents of children’s play. Play therapists use their understanding of play to increase children’s coping skills. In the playroom, under the guidance of a trained play therapist, children can safely discuss their problems in a protected play environment. Children learn to confine, define, and master their problems.
You want the best for your child. As a parent, you want to protect them from the “real” world as long as you can. If your child opens up to you, you try to be there and offer them a safe haven. You try to give them everything they need. Yet, your child may be struggling and sometimes you’re not even sure how to be helpful. If any of this sounds familiar, you’ve come to the right place. You don’t have to keep living like this. It’s time to get some support and start moving toward your mental health goals with our Minneapolis Child Therapist.
- Is my child’s behavior significantly impairing a critical area of functioning?
- Am I, as a parent, overwhelmed with managing my child’s demands?
- Is my son or daughter altering the family environment in an unhealthy way?
- Does my child seem in a chronic state of distress?
- Do I feel disconnected from my child and worry about the path he or she is heading for?
In the meantime, if you are a parent discerning this question, it should be reassuring to know that sometimes, just the act of seeking out help results in improvement even before any interventions occur. Taking the first step to reaching out might be the hardest, yet most critical step. If you or a loved one needs help call 1-844-NYSTROM or chat with one of our Big Lake Child Therapist online today.
Children confronting problems and negative emotions in a clinical setting allows them to change the way they think and feel, which leads to discovering solutions. Play therapists are uniquely trained to assess and understand the contents of children’s play. Play therapists use their understanding of the play to increase children’s coping skills. In the playroom, under the guidance of a trained play therapist, children can safely discuss their problems in a protected play environment. Children learn to confine, define, and master their problems.
Children’s problems sometimes emerge as a signal that the family is in crisis and other times the child’s issues become a disruption to the family system. Yes, parents are a vital part of the therapeutic process. Families are an important part of the child’s healing processes. Parents meet with the therapist on a regular basis. When meeting with parents the therapist discusses a plan for therapy, identifies areas for resolution, progress in treatment as well as provides support for parents. Healing increases when the children and the family work together.
- Take responsibility for their behavior
- Come to understand the impact (cause & effect) of their behaviors
- Replace inappropriate behaviors with more effective & successful behaviors
- Develop creative & lasting solutions to problems
- Gain greater acceptance of self & others
- Strengthen family relationships
- Work through hurt and trauma
- Improve social skills
- Divorce Recovery
- Sexual Abuse
- Physical and Verbal Abuse
- Post Traumatic / Stress Disorder
- Defiant Behaviors
- Reactive Attachment Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Domestic Abuse
About Edina, MN
Edina is a city in Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States and a first-ring suburb of Minneapolis. Edina began as a small farming and milling community along Minnehaha Creek in the 1860s and became one of Minneapolis’s first incorporated suburbs in 1888. In 2019, the population was estimated to be 52,857.