What can I expect on my first visit?
- When you arrive at the clinic for your first psychiatry appointment, our front desk staff will check you in and make sure we have received all required forms prior to your appointment. Any uncompleted or additional forms will need to be completed at this time.
- Your psychiatric provider will spend up to one hour with you discussing your medical, social, family and mental health history, current medications, and treatment goals. This is much of the same information included in our required paperwork. After your appointment, you will meet with a Patient Care Coordinator to review the visit and schedule your next follow-up appointment.
- Please note that your psychiatric provider will be focused primarily on the medication management portion of your mental health care. If you are looking for talk therapy, our registration staff would also be happy to schedule you with a therapist or other desired services we offer.
The following forms are required prior to your appointment along with the time you will need to complete them:
- Patient Intake Form (30-45 minutes)-click orange text to open
NOTE: To continue working on filling out forms at a later date, click the save button located on the bottom of the form. The next time you login, a new password will be sent to your email so you do not have to remember a password. However, you must use the same name and email when logging in.
- This form will help your provider get an overview of your mental health history and current concerns. Your provider will discuss with you the information provided in this form during your appointment. This form will be completed and submitted online through a secure process. Please email HIM@nystromcounseling.com with any questions or call 1-844-NYSTROM (697-8766). For the printable PDF file click here.
- You may use this form to allow us to receive medical records from any past or current providers involved in your care. Examples include a group home, case manager, previous medication provider, therapist, previous psych testing provider, etc. Please complete and sign these forms and email HIM@nystromcounseling.com or fax to 651-628-0411.
- This form is the first step in setting up your online Follow My Health portal, which will assist you in communicating with your provider, requesting appointments, setting up text and email reminders, and submitting medication renewal requests. For help with this process, please contact FMHhelp@nystromcounseling.com.