Minneapolis Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports
Minneapolis Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports / Children and Family-Based Division of Nystrom and Associates, Ltd. (NAL) have been in existence since 1992, meeting the mental health needs of children from ages 2–21 and their families who have emotional and/or behavioral disorders. We have a specific early childhood program that targets providing therapeutic services to children and families ages 2-5.
The Minneapolis Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports program is a flexible package of mental health services for children who require varying therapeutic and rehabilitative levels of care. Our child therapy program incorporates a systemic approach and addresses the conditions of emotional disturbance that impair an individual’s ability to function. For children with emotional disturbances, rehabilitation means that services are provided to restore the child to a level of functioning that they either had or would have achieved if normal development had not been impaired by a mental health disorder.
What Does Minneapolis Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports Services Include?
- Skills Training: Focuses on helping the client learn specific skills to alleviate or minimize the symptoms of their mental health diagnosis. Skills include; social skills, alleviating symptoms associated with depression or anxiety, anger management skills, cooperation, compliance, and skills to assist with symptoms of ADHD.
- Psychotherapy: A planned, structured, face-to-face treatment of a recipient’s mental illness.
- Crisis Assistance: helps the child, family, and all others who care for the child to recognize factors precipitating a mental health crisis, learn crisis-management skills, identify behaviors related to the crisis, and be informed of available resources to resolve the crisis.
- Early Childhood Team: works with children ages 2-6 who are having significant behavioral difficulties to improve relationships, implement structure and parenting skills, and develop regulation skills in order to improve overall function.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle.
Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones. Call the professionals at Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028.
Clinics Near You
All Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports Locations
Apple Valley Clinic
Big Lake Clinic
Coon Rapids Clinic
Eden Prairie Clinic
Maple Grove Clinic
New Brighton Clinic
Sartell/St. Cloud Clinic
About Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota. With a population of 429,954 as of 2020, it is the most populous city in the state and the 46th most populous in the nation. The county seat of Hennepin County, Minneapolis lies along both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of its confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital.
- With one of the nation's best park systems, the city is abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
- Anchoring strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the Guthrie Theater and the First Avenue nightclub. Reflecting the region's status as a center of folk, funk, and alternative rock music, the city was the launching pad for several of the 20th century's most influential musicians, including Bob Dylan and Prince. Hip-hop and rap scenes produced artists Lizzo, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, and Dessa.