DBT Couples Skills Training Group
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is an evidence-based treatment created by Dr. Marsha Linehan. DBT is designed for people to learn to manage their emotions and that building a life worth living is possible. DBT has proven effective in treating personality disorders, chronic depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, and addictions.
Who is eligible?
- Couples who have been in a relationship for 1 year+
- Couples who are committed to the longevity of their relationship
- Couples who are 18+
- Couples without domestic violence issues
What can I expect?
- Individual and couples therapy sessions
- 13-week commitment to the program
- Each partner has an intake with an individual or couples therapist
- The weekly skills training group
- DBT therapists participate in a consultation team
What DBT skills are shared?
- Mindfulness – learning skills to help us experience our current environment, sensations, feelings, and thoughts in a non-judgmental way
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – learning skills to help reduce painful and chaotic relationships
- Emotion Regulation – learning skills to help understand and regulate emotions and impulses
- Distress Tolerance – learning skills to help survive crises as well as tolerate and deal with pain in a more effective way