Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment
This outpatient program is for adolescents ages 12 – 18 who are still in school, and who have a substance use disorder, often in combination with mental health or emotional problem. Program includes:
- Group counseling
- Individual counseling
- Care coordination
- Family involvement
- Intensity step-down
- Drug screening
- After Care programming
- Partner with the youth to develop a therapeutic alliance
- Develop a realistic plan for change, with goals and clear strategies geared toward adolescents, that promote a healthy lifestyle
- Identify environmental and emotional triggers for use and mental health issues
- Assist youth in developing new insight into behaviors and consequences
- Develop age-appropriate strategies for change and practical coping skills to avoid relapse and increase the quality of life
- Engage with the family and community to develop a solid support system and an effective continuing care plan
- Teach and encourage ongoing solid skills use, good nutrition, exercise, and overall physical and emotional health
- Teach and practice recreational and social activities that exclude the use of alcohol and other drugs
Program Schedule: Three – 2-hour groups for 10 weeks. Step down to one – 2-hour group for 10 weeks. Weekly individual sessions throughout treatment.
Duration: Approximately 20 weeks depending on individual progress. Patients will be assessed for a programming level of need.
For more information on our programs and scheduling, please contact our coordinators.