Stillwater Mental Health Clinic
Why Nystrom & Associates Stillwater Mental Health Clinic?
Nystrom & Associates Stillwater Mental Health Clinic is a community-driven clinic. Staffed by therapists who are from, and deeply involved in the happenings of the local area in clinics, various schools, churches, and other community organizations. Maintaining a commitment to developing creative approaches to mental health support, and ensure that each person, couple, or family unit receives personalized and customized wellness support to meet their unique needs.
Nystrom & Associates Stillwater Mental Health Clinic has therapists who provide a wide range of approaches, specialties, styles, and personalities. We see ages 5-80+ and do a lot of work with all those in between.
What type of services do you provide at your clinic?
- All types of therapy for adults- individuals and couples
- Family “systems” therapy for the whole family
- Maternal mental health counseling, including post-partum therapy services (depression, anxiety, intrusive thinking, and obsessive-compulsive concerns during and after pregnancy)
- Trauma informed therapies, including EMDR, and Trauma-Focused CBT
- integrative approaches that include DBT skills work
- LGBTQ+ clients and concerns
- Suicidal ideation and self-injury related struggles
- Mindfulness-based approaches to therapy and skills work
- Grief and loss support
We take a “realistic” approach to mental health service delivery- valuing authenticity, humor, and creativity (among other things). We promote innovative thinking and problem solving, and help support our professional staff to show up in genuine ways- this comes from the belief that good therapy must be honest to who we are as individuals.
About Stillwater, MN
Stillwater is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota and the county seat of Washington County. It is in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metropolitan area, on the west bank of the St. Croix River, across from Houlton, Wisconsin. Stillwater’s population was 18,225 at the 2010 census. Stillwater is often called “the birthplace of Minnesota” due to its role in the establishment of the state.