Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®
An International Men’s March to End Rape, Sexual Assault, and Gender Violence®
Each year an ever-increasing number of men, women, and families are joining this award-winning walk as a unique way to raise awareness in their communities about the serious causes, effects, and remediation of domestic and sexual violence. In this walk, we ask men to literally put themselves in women’s shoes to raise awareness and show their support against gender violence.
The Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Committee of Anoka County, a collaboration of Anoka County community agencies, asks you to stand up to domestic and sexual violence by participating in Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®. This walk will take place at Anoka City Hall Plaza on May 19, 2018. Proceeds from this walk will benefit the Alexandra House.
Proceeds benefit the Alexandra House which provides domestic and sexual violence services to women, men, youth, and families in the Anoka County area.
For more information about Walk a Mile in Her Shoes ® visit http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes ® – Anoka Committee
- Roy Anderson – Vice President of Global Operations Finance, Medtronic
- Tina Bronson – Communications Marketing Director, Alexandra House, Inc.
- Mark Freeburg – Council Member, City of Anoka
- Jess Girard- Community Outreach Manager, Nystrom & Associates, Ltd.
- Missy Glenn – Courtney’s Tribe
- Claudette Jones – Board Member, Alexandra House, and Sr. Director of Government Programs, Express Scripts, Inc.
- Lori LaBine – Courtney’s Tribe
- Craig Malm – Director of Community Engagement, Allina Health
- Cory Mclntyre – Executive Director of Student Services, Anoka-Hennepin School District
- Connie Moore – Executive Director, Alexandra House, Inc.
- Molly Nhean – Student, Centennial High School
- Brian Nystrom – President & CEO, Nystrom & Associates, Ltd.
- Peter Nystrom – Executive Vice President, Nystrom & Associates, Ltd.
- Jerry Pederson – Director of Community Social Services & Behavioral Health, Anoka County
- Eric Peterson – Police Chief, City of Anoka
- Scott Schulte – County Commissioner, Anoka County
- Joa Sevlie – Children’s and Youth Director, Trinity Presbyterian Church
- Francine Siegfried – Community Member, City of Champlin
- Brent Simon – Community Outreach Coordinator, Nystrom & Associates, Ltd.
- Rhonda Sivarajah –
County Commissioner Chair, Anoka County
- James Stuart – Sheriff, Anoka County
- Pete Turok – President, Anoka Area Chamber of Commerce
- Bethany Walker – Victim/Witness Specialist, Anoka County Attorney’s Office, and Committee Member, Domestic/Sexual Violence Coalition of Anoka County
- Brad Wise – Police Chief, City of Coon Rapids
- Paul Young – Criminal Division Chief Attorney, Anoka County
Thank you to Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. for allowing us to use their website for registration to save on event expenses.