In-Home Therapy Internship
Brief description of the program:
The Adult In-home Therapy program is a community based service that offers mental health therapy to clients in their homes who have barriers to receiving therapy at an in-office setting.
Clients are all over the age of 18 and have a mental health diagnosis. All of our clients are on Medical Assistance (MA) or Pre-Paid Medical Assistance Plans (PMAP). Additionally, all of our clients have a barrier to receiving therapy in-office.
Internship Training Goals:
Our interns are expected to take on a small caseload of clients (typically around 8-10 clients) whom they meet with weekly for a minimum of an hour, attend all staff and team meetings, attend intern cohort meetings, attend individual supervision with their assigned supervisor weekly, and assist with other tasks that may present themselves within the program.
This internship offers competitive compensation to student interns, recognizing the value of your contributions to our program and clients. Interns are paid a monthly stipend each month that they are a student intern with Nystrom as well as mileage for commute to clients.
Length of internship and requirements:
- Length and weekly schedule requirements: We require at least a six month commitment of 15-20 hours per week (600-700 hours total). We are able to adjust the time commitment depending on a students unique academic requirements.
- Attend the monthly Internship Cohort Meeting from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm on the third Tuesday of each month
- Attend 1 monthly staff meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 8 am-9 am
- Attend weekly supervision session with assigned supervisor, who is a licensed clinical mental health professional
- Attend initial six-day training at the New Brighton office at the commencement of the internship and 5 sessions of follow up training that will occur on Friday’s from 8 am-10 am following the training
- Educational degree: students must be pursuing a master’s degree in either social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy or psychology at an accredited university
Locations of Internship:
All Metro Locations accept interns in Adult In-home therapy
- We accept applications throughout the entire year on an ongoing basis. We are not able to guarantee every internship at every Nystrom site.
- To apply to our clinical internships/practicum placements, please go to our employment opportunities page and apply to the listed “In-home Therapy Internship” role.
- If you have questions prior to applying, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.