We’re a group of professional care providers from the fields of psychiatry, psychology, marriage and family therapy, clinical social work, addiction treatment, and nursing who are committed to helping individuals and families that are experiencing personal, emotional, marital, or psychological challenges. We are all about helping!
We operate on the premise that truly effective living involves a balanced integration of all aspects of our lives including emotional, relational, cognitive, physical, and spiritual. When one experiences difficulty in one of these areas confidential and sensitive mental health care can assist in the healing process.
Nystrom & Associates was founded in 1991 to provide quality care to those in need. We live by the mantra that quality, access, and convenience are the three pillars to a successful outcome for you.
Our employees are passionate about serving others and have a strong desire to work in the behavioral health and addiction treatment fields. We regularly review cases in a multidisciplinary team setting to ensure diagnostic and treatment planning accuracy. This helps ensure that we give you the best possible care. We also hold regular educational trainings to help ensure our providers stay on the cutting edge of their respective areas of treatment.
In Minnesota we meet the highly rigorous requirements of quality set by the State of Minnesota as a licensed Rule 29 and Statute 245-G mental health counseling and substance use disorder services organization.
We’re in network with most insurance companies. We have a scheduling team who will work with you to ensure we match you with a provider who will help you through your area(s) of concern/struggle.
Every community deserves to have a high quality behavioral health care provider. That’s why we’re continuously adding new clinics to better reach those in need of our services.
The clinical staff in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin are licensed professionals and/or have advanced graduate training in the mental health and/or substance use disorder field. Each provider is experienced and is committed to high standards of professional practice.
We accept most insurances. Our office staff will verify insurance benefits before a client’s first visit.
A reduced rate for uninsured private pay patients is available.
Nobody will be denied access to services due to inability to pay. There is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available based on family size and income.
Hours and Availability
We offer services Monday through Saturday, as well as evening hours Monday through Thursday at most clinic locations.
- June – Acquired Crossroads Counseling
- May – Andover Clinic Opens
- March – Crystal Clinic Opens
- February – Cedar Rapids, IA Clinic Opens
- January – Rochester North Clinic Opens, Aquired LifeWorks & SteppingStone Therapeutic
- November – Mendota Heights Clinic Opens
- October – Cottage Grove Clinic Opens
- September – Big Lake Treatment Center Opens
- September – Hugo Clinic Opens
- July – Duluth Mall Clinic Opens
- July – Bemidji Clinic Opens
- July – Red Wing Clinic Opens
- June – Alexandria Clinic Opens
- June – Hudson, WI Clinic Opens
- May – Eau Claire, WI Clinic Opens
- April – Stillwater Clinic Opens
- April – Chaska Clinic Opens
- April – LaCrosse, WI Clinic Opens
- April – Nystrom expands to Wisconsin
- March – Roseville Clinic Opens
- March – Lakeville Clinic Opens
- March – Hutchinson Clinic Opens
- February – Acquired Psychiatric Associates Iowa
- January – Blaine Clinic Opens
- December – Moorhead Clinic Opens
- November – Edina Clinic Opens
- November – Maplewood Clinic Opens
- Mankato Clinic Opens
- October – Rochester Clinic Opens
- August – Minnetonka Clinic Opens
- April – Cambridge Clinic Opens
- Big Lake Clinic Opens
- October – Bloomington Clinic Opens
- January – St. Cloud/Sartell Clinic Opens
- Coon Rapids Clinic Opens
- Maple Grove Clinic Opens
- Telehealth Platform Launched
- Woodbury Clinic Opens
- Adult Day Treatment Service Begins
- SUD Services Begin
- Eden Prairie Clinic Opens
- Otsego Clinic Opens
- DBT Program Begins
- ARMHS Programs Begin
- Apple Valley Clinic Opens
- Baxter Clinic Opens
- Duluth Clinic Opens
- HCBS Programs Begin
- CTSS Programs Begin
- Psychiatry Services Begin
- Brian & Mary Ann Nystrom open NAL