About Nystrom & Associates
Who We Are
With over three decades serving patients, Nystrom & Associates is one of the largest behavioral health organizations in the country. We are on a mission to empower people to become the best version of themselves by providing therapy, psychiatry, addiction treatment, and a variety of other services for adults, children, couples, and families.
- Every person is valuable and worthy of kindness, love, and compassion.
- Profound change is possible.
- By meeting people where they are and engaging them with dignity, we help individuals deal with life’s challenges.
- It takes courage and vulnerability to make changes in one’s life.
- It is a privilege and honor to share this journey.
We are striving for a world in which focusing on your mental wellbeing is recognized as a strength, getting help is easy, and every person is seen as valuable, with unique gifts.
Our values guide our actions and we operate from a place of HOPE: humility, optimism, people-centered, ethical practice.
We serve more than 100,000 patients through approximately 1 million patient encounters annually. Our team of nearly 2,000 includes over 1,000 clinical staff with expertise and specialties that span the gamut of behavioral health services and other supports.
Services & Programs
- Substance Use Treatment
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Psychological Testing (including ADHD)
- Community-based services
Where We’re Located
- 60+ locations in five states, including Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- In-person and virtual options.
- We accept most commercial and state insurance.
Ensuring Equal Access to Care
- We accept all insurance plans, including Medical Assistance (MA), Medicare, and various public and private pay options. This ensures equal access to our services, no matter your insurance coverage. A reduced rate for private pay patients is also available.
- Nobody will be denied services due to their inability to pay. A discounted/sliding scale fee schedule is available, based on family size and income. Everyone can get the care they need, regardless of their financial situation.
- To verify your insurance or ask about payment options, call our Intake Coordinators at 651-628-9566.
Investing in Communities
- We are committed to making a difference in our communities and industry, and participate in many organizations and events, including:
- In addition, our dedicated experts spend time at the local and national level, shaping policy, educating others on behavioral health issues, and volunteering with various nonprofits and advocacy organizations