Nystrom & Associates is a group of professional care providers from the fields of psychiatry, psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, substance use treatment, nutrition, and nursing who are committed to helping individuals and families that are experiencing personal, emotional, marital, or psychological challenges.
Ask any mental health provider, why they joined the field and the answer is always the same. They want to make a positive difference in the lives of people in their community! Whether they are a case manager or a psychiatrist, each clinical role here at Nystrom is invaluable in bringing life-changing behavioral health services to our many clients.
Nystrom encourages work/life balance and allows clinicians to create schedules that work best for them. Nystrom also offers additional opportunities to receive support, whether that be through attending our optional consult groups or joining a confidential staff support group where staff members can receive support for a variety of reasons.
We offer competitive benefit packages for employees working 30+ hours per week which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 401(k) Retirement plan with an employer matching contribution.
- Term Life Insurance Policy covered by Nystrom.
- PTO and Paid Holidays for applicable positions.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program.
- Supplemental insurances including: Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital, & Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
- Board approved supervision for unlicensed clinicians.
Our Outpatient Therapy staff have access to a plethora of supportive departments, including:
- Dedicated Billing/Insurance Department
- Credentialing to ensure that clinicians remain paneled with insurances
- Quality Assurance staff to assist with difficult clinical issues that may arise
- Well trained administrative support in clinic to schedule clients, help with internal referrals, and other front office duties.
- Marketing to keep your caseload full Health Information Management team to handle the complicated release of records process.
- And so much more!
We operate on the premise that truly effective living involves a balanced integration of all aspects of our lives including emotional, relational, cognitive, physical, and spiritual. When one experiences difficulty in one of these areas confidential and sensitive counseling can assist in the healing process. The clinical staff at Nystrom are licensed professionals and/or have advanced graduate training in the mental health and/or substance use disorder field. Each clinician is experienced and is committed to high standards of professional practice. Our Outpatient Therapy providers are trained in different backgrounds and all have the same capabilities to assess, diagnose, and treat mental health issues. Staff include:
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers (LICSW)/Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Psychologists (LP)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC)/Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Individuals under supervision and working towards one of the above options.
Our clinicians typically pull from a wide array of clinical approaches including: CBT, DBT, narrative therapy, psychoanalytic, EMDR, play therapy, PCIT, Adlerian, art therapy, mindfulness-based, ACT, and much more. Clinicians are encouraged to utilize the approach that they feel best meets the needs of the client they are working with.
Services Offered at Nystrom & Associates
Counseling and psychotherapy services assist people experiencing a wide range of mental health concerns. Anyone wanting assistance with personal, emotional, marital, relational, family/parenting, or general psychological difficulties is welcome to receive services. Nystrom provides group, individual, family, and couples counseling. Nystrom works with all insurances and offers a reduced rate for uninsured private-pay patients. Specialty areas include, but are not limited to, the following working with clients ages 2 and up:
- Eating Disorders
Our registration staff will work with patients to determine the clinicians that would be the best fit for them based on the patient’s concerns, insurance, and provider availability. Appointments are generally scheduled for one hour in length and the frequency is determined based on the patient’s needs. We strive to work with all clients regardless of socio-economic status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, or disability (physical or mental).
Nystrom meets the highly rigorous requirements of quality set by the state of Minnesota as a licensed Rule 29 outpatient mental health clinic, 245-G substance use disorder service provider, and state of Wisconsin Rule 35 outpatient mental health clinic. All cases are reviewed by a multidisciplinary team periodically to ensure diagnostic and treatment planning accuracy. This helps ensure that the client is given the best possible care.