Psychological & Neuropsychological Testing
Symptoms of a psychological or neuropsychological disorder can sometimes be clear, however, oftentimes the issue is not as easy to pinpoint and requires testing to rule out certain conditions and provide an accurate diagnosis. Psychological tests are a way of evaluating behavior, personality, and capabilities in order to understand the strengths and capabilities an individual may have, as well as difficulties or impairments they may face. Testing and evaluations can also provide information about someone that is helpful for others in that individual’s life to be aware of, such as parents, family members, teachers, doctors, social workers, and mental health professionals, so they are able to support and help that individual improve functioning.
What We Do:
Nystrom & Associates, Ltd., (NAL) is dedicated to providing quality psychological testing and individualized recommendations for children (ages 3+), adolescents, and adults. Our goal is to provide an evaluation including testing that will help determine the correct diagnosis and follow up with the appropriate treatment recommendations.
The assessment process includes an initial intake, during which background and current functioning information will be obtained. After the intake appointment, either one or two, 2-hour testing sessions on different days will be scheduled (neuropsychological evaluations may consist of either two, 3-hour testing appointments or three, 2-hour testing appointments). Following completion of testing, patients will return for a results session where the evaluation report will be reviewed and recommendations will be discussed. Please refer to the What To Expect Flyer above for more details.
Benefits of Psychological Testing:
- Helps to clarify mental health diagnoses and provide insight
- Used to assess memory concerns
- Provides insight and understanding of strengths and weaknesses
- Provides information for individuals to share when applying for social security
- Helps identify developmental delays
- Helps with identifying cognitive impairments or concerns, and establishing baseline abilities
- Used to assess level of focus and attention issues, and identify or rule out ADHD
- Used to assess academic ability and identify or rule out a learning disorder
- Helps with identifying autism spectrum disorders
- Helps guide treatment plan goals and lead to referrals for appropriate services
- May be required for employment, such as for a Police Officer
- Helps identify if early entrance into Kindergarten is appropriate
- Provides information regarding psychological functioning to determine appropriateness to participate in surgery
Types of Psychological Testing Provided by NAL:
- ADHD evaluations for ages 6+
- Neuropsychological evaluations and screenings (full neuropsychological evaluations only provided at select clinics)
- Learning disorder evaluations
- Evaluations for early entrance into kindergarten (typically private pay)
- Mental health and personality disorder evaluations for clarifying diagnoses or identifying personality disorder traits to explore further
- Autism Spectrum Disorder evaluations for children and adults
- Developmental delay evaluations
- Bariatric evaluations or pre-surgery required evaluations
- Evaluations required for employment, such as a Police Officer
- Forensic evaluation, including psychosexual evaluations
Tests We Offer:
Adaptive Behavior Scales
Autism Spectrum Disorder Scales
Emotional/Behavior Rating Scales
Psychological testing is available at most NAL clinics.
Get Started Now:
For more information on our programs and scheduling, please please contact our coordinators..