Outpatient Mental Health Practitioner
Year Joined: 2022
Years of Experience: 16
St. Cloud State University - BA
Adler Graduate School - MA
Areas of Experience
More About Heather Kerfeld
- I enjoy working with older children/adolescents (9+), youth transitioning into adulthood, adults, complex families, and those facing the end of life.
- I bring decades of personal and professional practice in social services, holistic psychology, wellness coaching, energy healing, movement and eclectic spirituality.
- I am experienced with trauma, depression, anxiety, SPMI, ADHD, neurodiversity, substance use, grief/loss, attachment issues, relationship difficulties, parenting, at-risk youth, LGBTQ+, alternative lifestyles, chronic pain/illness, cancer/terminal illness, etc.
- I am knowledgeable in a wide variety of techniques from Narrative Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Energy and Integrative Psychology, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Art/Play Therapy, etc.
- I am an intuitive, compassionate, humorous, creative, and nonjudgmental psychotherapist who believes that we are all connected and share similar struggles, but we see the world through our unique perspectives. I feel honored to hold space and hear stories from all walks of life.
- I encourage self-love, authenticity, vulnerability, accountability, empowerment, trusting our intuition, personal exploration, and the courage to be imperfect.
- My motto is: Your weirdness is your superpower! I help clients discover their gifts and problem-solve challenges in positive, pro-social ways.
- Besides Holistic Psychology, Music and Traveling are my other passions. So when I'm not busy helping save the world one person at a time, you could find this fun-loving, adventurous free spirit dancing with friends at music festivals, wandering through the mountains, lying on beaches, camping in the woods, singing with friends around campfires, or fishing from boats.
- I also enjoy spending time with my family and friends, cooking, gardening, creating jewelry and crafts, reading, and watching TV and movies.