Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment
Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment is an outpatient program for adolescents ages 12–18 who are still in school, and who have a substance use disorder, often in combination with a mental health or emotional problem.
- Partner with the youth to develop a therapeutic alliance
- Develop a realistic plan for change, with goals and clear strategies geared toward adolescents, that promote a healthy lifestyle
- Identify environmental and emotional triggers for use and mental health issues
- Assist youth in developing new insight into behaviors and consequences
- Develop age-appropriate strategies for change and practical coping skills to avoid relapse and increase the quality of life
- Engage with the family and community to develop a solid support system and an effective continuing care plan
- Teach and encourage ongoing solid skills use, good nutrition, exercise, and overall physical and emotional health
- Teach and practice recreational and social activities that exclude the use of alcohol and other drugs
Approximately 20 weeks depending on individual progress. Patients will be assessed for a programming level of need.
- Group counseling
- Individual counseling
- Care coordination
- Family programming
- Drug screening
- Peer-led alumni group support
Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program Schedule
Please contact us for the most updated programming locations as well as days and times of group.
ASAM 2.1 Intensive Outpatient: Three 3-hour sessions of Group Therapy a week. One 1-hour Individual Session a week to discuss treatment plan goals and core issues. Length of programming is dependent on clinical progress; average length is approximately 10 weeks.
ASAM 1.0 Outpatient: One 3-hour session of Group Therapy a week. One 1-hour Individual Session every week to discuss treatment plan goals and core issues. Length of programming is dependent on clinical progress; average length is approximately 10 weeks.
Group Structure: Group will start and end promptly at the times noted. 10-minute breaks at the top of each hour will be provided.
Days of Group Therapy: Groups are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays depending on location and level of care. There are not groups on Fridays currently. Please contact us for the most updated schedules.
Times of Group Therapy: Groups are generally held from 4:00pm – 7:00pm.
Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment Locations
For more information on our programs and scheduling, call SUD Admissions at 651-529-8479 or use the button below to request an appointment. Our Fax number is 651-604-5905.
We accept all insurances including medical assistance and other state health plans. A reduced rate for uninsured private pay patients is available. Forms for this program can be found on our Patient Forms page by clicking here.