Adult Day Treatment (ADT)
What is Adult Day Treatment?
Nystrom & Associates Adult Day Treatment (ADT) program offers an intensive group therapy experience for clients to help reduce the effects of mental illness and provide skills training to empower clients to live in the community independently. It is client-centered; focusing on individual participant needs as well as offering added support and learning through the group dynamics. Participants will have the opportunity to connect with peers who can relate to and understand their mental health concerns in a non-judgmental supportive environment. Participants are encouraged to continue receiving support from their existing providers, such as individual therapists, psychiatrists, and ARMHS workers while they are in Adult Day Treatment.
What We Do
ADT focuses on a part therapy, part skills treatment with the aim to:
- Develop and enhance independent, community living and socialization skills with the goal of improved functioning in work, school, and social relationships
- Develop and enhance psychiatric stability with the goal of rehabilitation and recovery from mental illness
- Support personal and emotional adjustments and growth
- Foster healthy coping skills to enhance the quality of life
- Setting goals to maintain overall wellness
- Improving independent living skills
- Crisis plan management
- Identifying and regulating emotions
- Developing coping skills and establishing healthy boundaries
- Implementing mindfulness tactics
- Mental health awareness
- Building healthy relationships and social skills
- Adults ages 18+
- Individuals who are in need of a more intensive/structured support as a step down from inpatient or partial hospitalization or a step up from less intensive services
- Individuals experiencing symptoms which are impairing their thoughts, mood, behavior, or perception and that interfere with the ability to function in daily life
- Individuals who are on leave of absence from work due to mental health symptoms, which are impairing their ability to perform at work
Adult Day Treatment is provided 3-5 days per week (with a minimum of one day per week), three hours per day. The average length of time in treatment is 8-12 weeks. Individual assessment and treatment planning will be completed prior to joining the group. Participants are encouraged to continue receiving support from their existing providers, such as individual therapists, psychiatrists, and ARMHS workers while they are in ADT.
ADT Program Testimonials
I have gotten so much out of the class! I am so happy that I agreed to start ADT. I feel ready to go after what my goals are and know what to do.
This program is very well designed to help me build self-confidence and have skills and awareness to cope with what comes along. I started out unable to get off my couch and now I enjoy my day with the world…I still have lots of room to grow, but this program has made me believe I’m going to be okay.
My needs were met, even my needs to not have the room so bright. This is the best treatment program I’ve been through.
Adult Day Treatment Group Times
ADT Program availability may vary by location. Typically each location only offers either AM or PM group. Groups are held Monday – Friday.
- Mornings: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Afternoons: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Adult Day Treatment Locations
We accept all insurances including medical assistance and other state health plans. A reduced rate for uninsured private pay patients is available. Forms for this program can be found on our Patient Forms page by clicking here.