Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. Adult Day Treatment (ADT) program offers an intensive group psychotherapy experience for clients to help reduce the effects of mental illness and provide skills training to empower clients to live in the community independently. It is client-centered; focusing on individual participant needs as well as offering added support and learning through the group dynamics. Participants will have the opportunity to connect with peers who can relate to and understand their mental health concerns in a non-judgmental supportive environment.
Download the What to Expect: Adult Day Treatment PDF file by clicking:
What We Do
- Develop and enhance psychiatric stability with the goal of rehabilitation and recovery from mental illness
- Develop and enhance independent, community living and socialization skills with the goal of improved functioning in work, school, and social relationships
- Support personal and emotional adjustments and growth
- Foster healthy coping skills to enhance quality of life
Who is ADT for?
- Ages 18 years old +
- Individuals needing more intensive/structured support as a step down from inpatient or partial hospitalization or a step up from less intensive services
- Individuals experiencing symptoms which are impairing their thoughts, mood, behavior, or perception and that interfere with the ability to function in daily life
Length of Treatment
Treatment is provided 3-5 days per week (with a minimum of one day per week), three hours per day. Average length of time in treatment is 8-12 weeks. Individual assessment and treatment planning will be completed prior to joining the group.
Participants select to attend either a morning or afternoon group:
- Mornings: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Afternoons: 1:00pm-4:00pm
Forms for this program can be found on our Patient Forms page by clicking here.