Ham Lake Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)
ARMHS, otherwise known as skills therapy, involves activities that restore the skills essential for managing your illness, treatment, and the requirements of everyday independent living.
Ham Lake Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) is provided by the sister company of Nystrom & Associates, Family Support Services, Inc. (FSSI), whose program is certified by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
What basic living and social skills do our ARMHS workers teach?
- Managing the symptoms of mental illness
- Managing a household
- Planning for employment
- Pursuing education
- Re-entering community living after treatment
- Communicating opinions, thoughts, feelings, or key information with others
- Discovering and using community resources to get needs met
- Getting outside help to deal with a difficult situation
- Preventing relapse
- Budgeting and shopping
- Developing a healthy lifestyle
- Learning to get around the community
- Monitoring use and effectiveness of medications
*Patients must be on Medical Assistance or a Prepaid Medical Assistance Product
What can I expect with Ham Lake Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)?
- Our ARMHS workers will meet with you in your home or other community settings
- An ARMHS practitioner will meet with the patient at least once a week for a minimum of 1.5 hours per week
- Clients continue to work with their ARMHS practitioner until their goals are met
- Our team of providers will work with your family and/or care team while you receive services from us if requested
Our providers on the Ham Lake Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) team are here to help you or a loved one reach their independent living goals.
For children’s therapeutic services and supports, click here.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle. Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones.
Call Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028 or click the button below to get started.
Current Counties Served
Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Le Sueur, McLeod, Meeker, Ramsey, Rice, Scott, Sherburne and Washington Counties
Aitkin, Becker, Cass, Crow Wing, Douglas, Hubbard, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Otter Tail, Stearns, Todd and Wadena Counties
Blue Earth, Brown, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Goodhue, Nicollet, Olmsted, Sibley, Steele, Watonwan, Wabasha, Waseca and Winona Counties
Benton, Kanabec, Isanti and Wright Counties
Clay and Wilkin Counties
North Eastern Minnesota
Carlton, Lake, Pine and St. Louis Counties
*Note: We service areas based on their proximity to our office locations, therefore some of these areas may be outside of our service range.
About Ham Lake, MN
Ham Lake is a city in Anoka County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 15,296 at the 2010 census. The earliest record of settlers in the Ham Lake area goes back to 1855, and in 1856, the settlers established a town located just south and west of a lake shaped like a ham. The settlers platted and sold lots for a community they named Glen Carey, a Scottish name meaning "beautiful valley". The location was widely advertised as a future city. However, in 1857, all of the houses were destroyed by a prairie fire. The settlers soon left the area as they had nowhere to live. There was no more settlement until 1866, when a Norwegian man settled in the area. He was soon followed by other Scandinavians. The Scandinavian settlers found it difficult to pronounce the Scottish name of Glen Carey. Since no official name had been chosen by the people, the commissioners named it Ham Lake, after the lake which had acquired that name on account of its shape.