Minneapolis Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)
ARMHS, otherwise known as skills therapy, involves activities that restore the skills essential for managing your illness, treatment, and the requirements of everyday independent living.
Minneapolis Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) is provided by the sister company of Nystrom & Associates, Family Support Services, Inc. (FSSI), whose program is certified by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
What basic living and social skills do our ARMHS workers teach?
- Managing the symptoms of mental illness
- Managing a household
- Planning for employment
- Pursuing education
- Re-entering community living after treatment
- Communicating opinions, thoughts, feelings, or key information with others
- Discovering and using community resources to get needs met
- Getting outside help to deal with a difficult situation
- Preventing relapse
- Budgeting and shopping
- Developing a healthy lifestyle
- Learning to get around the community
- Monitoring use and effectiveness of medications
*Patients must be on Medical Assistance or a Prepaid Medical Assistance Product
What can I expect with Minneapolis Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)?
- Our ARMHS workers will meet with you in your home or other community settings
- An ARMHS practitioner will meet with the patient at least once a week for a minimum of 1.5 hours per week
- Clients continue to work with their ARMHS practitioner until their goals are met
- Our team of providers will work with your family and/or care team while you receive services from us if requested
Our providers on the Minneapolis Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) team are here to help you or a loved one reach their independent living goals.
For children’s therapeutic services and supports, click here.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle. Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones.
Call Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028 or click the button below to get started.
Current Counties Served
Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Le Sueur, McLeod, Meeker, Ramsey, Rice, Scott, Sherburne and Washington Counties
Aitkin, Becker, Cass, Crow Wing, Douglas, Hubbard, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Otter Tail, Stearns, Todd and Wadena Counties
Blue Earth, Brown, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Goodhue, Nicollet, Olmsted, Sibley, Steele, Watonwan, Wabasha, Waseca and Winona Counties
Benton, Kanabec, Isanti and Wright Counties
Clay and Wilkin Counties
North Eastern Minnesota
Carlton, Lake, Pine and St. Louis Counties
*Note: We service areas based on their proximity to our office locations, therefore some of these areas may be outside of our service range.
About Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota. With a population of 429,954 as of 2020, it is the most populous city in the state and the 46th most populous in the nation. The county seat of Hennepin County, Minneapolis lies along both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of its confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital.
- With one of the nation's best park systems, the city is abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
- Anchoring strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the Guthrie Theater and the First Avenue nightclub. Reflecting the region's status as a center of folk, funk, and alternative rock music, the city was the launching pad for several of the 20th century's most influential musicians, including Bob Dylan and Prince. Hip-hop and rap scenes produced artists Lizzo, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, and Dessa.