Minneapolis Child Therapist
Our Minneapolis Child Therapists believe that play therapy can play a pivotal role in confronting problems and negative emotions in a clinical setting. Minneapolis Child Therapists and Play Therapists are uniquely trained to assess and understand the contents of children's play. Play therapists use their understanding of play to increase childre's coping skills. In the playroom, under the guidance of a trained play therapist, children can safely discuss their problems in a protected play environment. Children learn to confine, define, and master their problems.
You want the best for your child. As a parent, you want to protect them from the “real” world as long as you can. If your child opens up to you, you try to be there and offer them a safe haven. You try to give them everything they need. Yet, your child may be struggling and sometimes you're not even sure how to be helpful. If any of this sounds familiar, you've come to the right place. You don't have to keep living like this. It's time to get some support and start moving toward your mental health goals with our Play Therapists.
Minneapolis Child Therapist FAQs
- Is my child's behavior significantly impairing a critical area of functioning?
- Am I, as a parent, overwhelmed with managing my child's demands?
- Is my son or daughter altering the family environment in an unhealthy way?
- Does my child seem in a chronic state of distress?
- Do I feel disconnected from my child and worry about the path he or she is heading for?
In the meantime, if you are a parent discerning this question, it should be reassuring to know that sometimes, just the act of seeking out help results in improvement even before any interventions occur. Taking the first step to reaching out might be the hardest, yet most critical step.
Children confronting problems and negative emotions in a clinical setting allows them to change the way they think and feel, which leads to discovering solutions. Play therapists are uniquely trained to assess and understand the contents of children's play. Play therapists use their understanding of the play to increase children's coping skills. In the playroom, under the guidance of a trained play therapist, children can safely discuss their problems in a protected play environment. Children learn to confine, define, and master their problems.
Children's problems sometimes emerge as a signal that the family is in crisis and other times the child's issues become a disruption to the family system. Yes, parents are a vital part of the therapeutic process. Families are an important part of the child's healing processes. Parents meet with the therapist on a regular basis. When meeting with parents the therapist discusses a plan for therapy, identifies areas for resolution, progress in treatment as well as provides support for parents. Healing increases when the children and the family work together.
- Take responsibility for their behavior
- Come to understand the impact (cause & effect) of their behaviors
- Replace inappropriate behaviors with more effective & successful behaviors
- Develop creative & lasting solutions to problems
- Gain greater acceptance of self & others
- Strengthen family relationships
- Work through hurt and trauma
- Improve social skills
- Divorce Recovery
- Sexual Abuse
- Physical and Verbal Abuse
- Post Traumatic / Stress Disorder
- Defiant Behaviors
- Reactive Attachment Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Domestic Abuse
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle. Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones.
Call Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028 or click the button below to get started.
Clinics Near You
All Child Therapist Locations
Apple Valley Clinic
Big Lake Clinic
Coon Rapids Clinic
Cottage Grove Clinic
Des Moines Clinic
Duluth Mall Clinic
East Grand Forks Clinic
Eau Claire Clinic
Eden Prairie Clinic
Fergus Falls Clinic
Hudson Township Clinic
Hutchinson South Clinic
Iowa City Clinic
La Crosse Clinic
Maple Grove Clinic
Mendota Heights Clinic
New Brighton Clinic
North Liberty Clinic
Red Wing Clinic
Rochester South Clinic
St. Cloud Clinic
St. Louis Clinic
St. Louis Park Clinic
West Des Moines Clinic
About Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota. With a population of 429,954 as of 2020, it is the most populous city in the state and the 46th most populous in the nation. The county seat of Hennepin County, Minneapolis lies along both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of its confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital.
- With one of the nation's best park systems, the city is abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
- Anchoring strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the Guthrie Theater and the First Avenue nightclub. Reflecting the region's status as a center of folk, funk, and alternative rock music, the city was the launching pad for several of the 20th century's most influential musicians, including Bob Dylan and Prince. Hip-hop and rap scenes produced artists Lizzo, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, and Dessa.