Minneapolis DBT for Kids
What is Minneapolis DBT for Kids?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for kids is an evidence-based treatment created by Dr. Marsha Linehan. It was originally created for the treatment of borderline personality disorder – a disorder characterized by highly suicidal behaviors, self-harm, and intense, out-of-control emotions. DBT has now proven effective in treating a wide array of mental health disorders – personality disorders, chronic depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, and addictions.
How Can Minneapolis DBT for Kids Help?
If your child has seen little improvement with other therapies, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) could be a great option. DBT is a specialized form of therapy renowned for its effectiveness in helping people manage overwhelming emotions, enhance interpersonal relationships, tolerate stressful situations, and foster self-acceptance. Through a combination of mindfulness practices, emotion regulation techniques, distress tolerance skills, and effective communication strategies, DBT offers a comprehensive toolkit tailored to your unique circumstances.
By engaging in Minneapolis DBT for Kids, your child can embark on a journey of self-exploration, forge meaningful connections, and cultivate a more balanced and fulfilling existence while being equipped with the right tools to navigate life's challenges.
DBT for Kids is a program for families with children ages 8-18 that display:
- Aggressive verbal or physical behavior
- Difficulties with relationships
- High anxiety
- High intensity of emotions
- Are being bullied
- Self-injurious behaviors
- Suicidal ideation
- Other behaviors which have not been successfully treated by standard therapy
Parent/Guardian and child will be expected to attend: individual DBT therapy, skills training group, and family sessions.
What your child can gain from DBT for Kids:
- Increased awareness and management of emotions
- Social skills
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations
- Self-awareness and awareness of surroundings
For Adult DBT, click here.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle. Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones.
Call Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028 or click the button below to get started.
Clinics Near You
About Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota. With a population of 429,954 as of 2020, it is the most populous city in the state and the 46th most populous in the nation. The county seat of Hennepin County, Minneapolis lies along both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of its confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital.
- With one of the nation's best park systems, the city is abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
- Anchoring strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the Guthrie Theater and the First Avenue nightclub. Reflecting the region's status as a center of folk, funk, and alternative rock music, the city was the launching pad for several of the 20th century's most influential musicians, including Bob Dylan and Prince. Hip-hop and rap scenes produced artists Lizzo, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, and Dessa.