Minneapolis Psychiatry providers specialize in the treatment of mental health conditions through mental health services. Since psychotherapy is now primarily provided by psychologists and social workers, our psychiatric providers have increasingly focused on the medical aspects of treating mental health conditions. This includes assessment, prescribing psychiatric medications, ordering and interpreting necessary lab work, and coordinating care with other physicians who may be treating a patient for other health conditions as well as coordinating care with other medical providers.
Minneapolis Psychiatry offers child, adolescent, and adult psychiatry and medication management.
Specialty areas include, but are not limited to, the following:
Our psychiatric prescribers all have the same capabilities to assess, diagnose, treat, and prescribe for psychiatric disorders.
- Psychiatrists have gone through medical school and chosen to practice in the specialty area of psychiatry.
- Medical Doctors (MD) and Doctors of Osteopathy (DO) are doctors trained with a focus on the classical form of medicine, diagnosis, and treatment of human diseases.
- Physician Assistants (PA) are certified health care professionals that have completed a master’s program in the medical model.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) have completed a master’s program or doctorate in the medical model.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle. Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones.
Call Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028 or click the button below to get started.
Clinics Near You
All Psychiatry Locations
Apple Valley Clinic
Big Lake Clinic
Cedar Rapids Clinic
Coon Rapids Clinic
Cottage Grove Clinic
Des Moines Clinic
Duluth Mall Clinic
East Grand Forks Clinic
Eau Claire Clinic
Eden Prairie Clinic
Fergus Falls Clinic
Hudson Township Clinic
Hutchinson South Clinic
Iowa City Clinic
La Crosse Clinic
Maple Grove Clinic
Mendota Heights Clinic
New Brighton Clinic
North Liberty Clinic
Red Wing Clinic
St. Cloud Clinic
St. Louis Park Clinic
About Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota. With a population of 429,954 as of 2020, it is the most populous city in the state and the 46th most populous in the nation. The county seat of Hennepin County, Minneapolis lies along both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of its confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital.
- With one of the nation's best park systems, the city is abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
- Anchoring strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the Guthrie Theater and the First Avenue nightclub. Reflecting the region's status as a center of folk, funk, and alternative rock music, the city was the launching pad for several of the 20th century's most influential musicians, including Bob Dylan and Prince. Hip-hop and rap scenes produced artists Lizzo, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, and Dessa.