Minneapolis School-Based Mental Health Services
Our program places mental health providers at a community school to provide therapy to students with a mental health diagnosis. Therapists collaborate with teachers, school social workers, and staff to aid the student in working towards their individual goals.
Who qualifies for Minneapolis School-Based Mental Health Services?
Minneapolis School-Based Therapists work with all students who qualify for mental health services. They do not need to be receiving special education services or have an individualized education plan (IEP). Guardian involvement is encouraged and recommended. School-Based Therapy serves clients through the Children and Family Community-Based Division at Nystrom & Associates.
Benefits of Minneapolis School-Based Mental Health Services
- Promotes improved psycho-social health and school success in students
- Removes barriers such as transportation and scheduling difficulties, providing greater accessibility for families to receive mental health counseling
- Allows for students to work with therapists in the environment they often struggle the most; school
- Leads to increased communication between the family and school
- Students experience more academic and social support
What Can I Expect with Minneapolis School-Based Mental Health Services?
A School-Based Therapist will collaborate with school social workers, teachers, and staff to aid the student in working towards their goals. Our therapists will meet with students once a week for at least 45-minute sessions. School-Based Therapy is not restricted to the school only; at times therapists are able and willing to meet the student in their home to hold family therapy sessions or see the student during summer break in their home.
To read more about why mental health should be taught in school click here.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle. Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones.
Call Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028 or click the button below to get started.
Clinics Near You
All School-Based Mental Health Services Locations
About Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota. With a population of 429,954 as of 2020, it is the most populous city in the state and the 46th most populous in the nation. The county seat of Hennepin County, Minneapolis lies along both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of its confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital.
- With one of the nation's best park systems, the city is abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
- Anchoring strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the Guthrie Theater and the First Avenue nightclub. Reflecting the region's status as a center of folk, funk, and alternative rock music, the city was the launching pad for several of the 20th century's most influential musicians, including Bob Dylan and Prince. Hip-hop and rap scenes produced artists Lizzo, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, and Dessa.