Plymouth Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)
ARMHS, otherwise known as skills therapy, involves activities that restore the skills essential for managing your illness, treatment, and the requirements of everyday independent living.
Plymouth Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) is provided by the sister company of Nystrom & Associates, Family Support Services, Inc. (FSSI), whose program is certified by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
What basic living and social skills do our ARMHS workers teach?
- Managing the symptoms of mental illness
- Managing a household
- Planning for employment
- Pursuing education
- Re-entering community living after treatment
- Communicating opinions, thoughts, feelings, or key information with others
- Discovering and using community resources to get needs met
- Getting outside help to deal with a difficult situation
- Preventing relapse
- Budgeting and shopping
- Developing a healthy lifestyle
- Learning to get around the community
- Monitoring use and effectiveness of medications
*Patients must be on Medical Assistance or a Prepaid Medical Assistance Product
What can I expect with Plymouth Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)?
- Our ARMHS workers will meet with you in your home or other community settings
- An ARMHS practitioner will meet with the patient at least once a week for a minimum of 1.5 hours per week
- Clients continue to work with their ARMHS practitioner until their goals are met
- Our team of providers will work with your family and/or care team while you receive services from us if requested
Our providers on the Plymouth Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) team are here to help you or a loved one reach their independent living goals.
For children’s therapeutic services and supports, click here.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle. Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones.
Call Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028 or click the button below to get started.
Current Counties Served
Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Le Sueur, McLeod, Meeker, Ramsey, Rice, Scott, Sherburne and Washington Counties
Aitkin, Becker, Cass, Crow Wing, Douglas, Hubbard, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Otter Tail, Stearns, Todd and Wadena Counties
Blue Earth, Brown, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Goodhue, Nicollet, Olmsted, Sibley, Steele, Watonwan, Wabasha, Waseca and Winona Counties
Benton, Kanabec, Isanti and Wright Counties
Clay and Wilkin Counties
North Eastern Minnesota
Carlton, Lake, Pine and St. Louis Counties
*Note: We service areas based on their proximity to our office locations, therefore some of these areas may be outside of our service range.
About Plymouth, MN
Plymouth is a suburban city in the U.S. state of Minnesota 15 miles (24 km) west of downtown Minneapolis in Hennepin County. It is located on the western edge of the Minneapolis suburbs. According to the 2019 Metropolitan Council estimate, Plymouth's population is 79,768. Once named for Medicine Lake, the city's name was chosen by Hennepin County Commissioners during the county's inception. Plymouth's history can be traced back to the pre-Columbian period around 1400 to 1500 AD. The original inhabitants were the Dakota. Their encampment was at the north end of Medicine Lake. The name Medicine Lake is derived from the Dakota word Mdewakanton, meaning "Lake of the Spirit." The Dakota named the lake after a warrior overturned his canoe and his body was never recovered.