Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. Doctorate-Level Practicum
Assessment practicum students work with and provide psychological evaluation services to a diverse population of clients ages 6 and up.
Practicum Training Goals:
Practicum students will obtain experience with a variety of assessments and evaluations, including ADHD evaluations, learning disorder evaluations, and diagnostic clarification evaluations. They will also receive an hour or more of supervision each week. Practicum students will receive experience and education related to conducting clinical interviews, administering a variety of psychological tests, utilizing interview information and test results to clarify a diagnosis, provide a written report explaining results, diagnosis, and recommendations, share evaluation results with clients, consult with staff and therapists, and make appropriate referrals. Practicum students may participate in clinical meetings, training, and consultation groups, as well as observe other service areas provided by NAL is deemed appropriate and available during their hours on site.
Through the practicum they will gain experience in consulting with insurance companies, learning the how-to-obtain insurance authorizations, as well as learning about the billing process. In addition, practicum students will learn and be able to operate an electronic medical records program.
Length of internship and requirements:
- Length and schedule requirements can most often be flexible to fit school requirements but typically consist of at least 20 hours a week.
- Attend weekly supervision sessions with assigned supervisor
- If students schedule allows, attending bi-monthly Rule 29 Staff Meetings & Case Consultations
- Practicum students will have completed all of the required assessment coursework at their graduate school to be able to participate in the practicum.
- We accept applications throughout the entire year on an ongoing basis. We are not able to guarantee every internship at every Nystrom site.
- To apply to our clinical internships/practicum placements, please go to our employment opportunities page and apply to the listed “Internship Application” role.
- If you have questions prior to applying, please direct them to email@example.com.