Outpatient Therapy Internship
NAL outpatient internship students may choose to serve adults, adolescents, children, couples, and/or families.
Outpatient Therapy Counseling Internship Training Goals (600-700 Hour Internship over 9 months):
- Interns will begin with training and observation their first 2 weeks at NAL.
- Interns will carry a small caseload of clients.
- Interns will become familiar with documentation standards on Allscripts Electronic Health Record software.
- Interns will attend twice-monthly Rule 29 site-specific multidisciplinary staff meetings/training as well as a case consult group.
- Interns will attend a cohort meeting once per month.
- Interns will gain experience in Diagnostic Assessments and diagnosing, Treatment Planning, and the delivery of therapy.
- Interns will have opportunities for personal and professional growth through free CEU offerings.
- NAL will work with each intern and their educational program to create a distinct learning plan to follow throughout their internship.
Length of internship and requirements:
- The Outpatient Therapy Internship is 9 months long and interns will be present onsite for 20 or more hours per week.
- The intern’s schedule will overlap with their supervisor’s schedule so that they have a contact on site at all times
- Additional meetings/supervisions/trainings mentioned above will be included within the weekly schedule.
- Prospective interns must be in a graduate level educational program in Social Work, Clinical Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy and working towards fulfilling the internship requirements for pursuing licensure as an LGSW/LICSW, LPC/LPCC, LAMFT/LMFT.
Locations of Internship:
Metro-area Nystrom and Associates, Ltd. clinics.
- We accept applications throughout the entire year on an ongoing basis. We are not able to guarantee every internship at every Nystrom site.
- To apply to our clinical internships/practicum placements, please go to our employment opportunities page and apply to the listed “Internship Application” role.
- If you have questions prior to applying, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.