A Message From Nystrom & Associates Regarding COVID-19
In-person appointments are back. If you or your Provider choose to meet virtually, staff will contact you the day prior to inform you of the details. You will also be sent an email the evening before your appointment with additional instructions.
Nystrom & Associates is working closely with each insurance company to ensure that virtual services are covered by each insurance plan. Most insurance plans (UBH/Medica, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Health Partners, Preferred One, etc) have already announced they are issuing temporary coverage for virtual appointments during the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage patients to keep their appointments and know that Nystrom & Associates is advocating and will continue to advocate for each insurance company for coverage for all virtual appointments that take place during the pandemic.
Are you worried about insurance coverage due to layoff or furlough due to COVID-19? Here are some practical tips to check on your insurance eligibility:
- Call the Human Resources department of your past or current employer and ask if you have active coverage. Ask how long you’re covered for. Usually, coverage ends on the last day of the month that you were employed.
- If your coverage is ending, ask if you will be able to enroll in continuation coverage (COBRA). Your employer is generally legally obligated to offer you COBRA continuation coverage if your coverage ends and this coverage starts the day immediately after your coverage ends.
- If you don’t have the option for COBRA or you’re interested in other options, consider applying for coverage with MNsure. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, MNsure has opened a special enrollment period to obtain health insurance on the private marketplace. Starting on March 23rd, any Minnesotan can apply for health insurance on MNsure for coverage starting on April 1, with a deadline of April 21st to get coverage under this special enrollment period. Here are the broad eligibility criteria:
- This special enrollment period is for eligible Minnesotans who do not have current health insurance.
- You do not need to be sick to qualify.
- If you are currently enrolled in a plan through MNsure, you cannot use this special enrollment period to change plans.
To learn more about this, all you have to do is go to MNsure’s website.