Minneapolis Adolescent Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Minneapolis Adolescent Dialectical Behavior Therapy is an evidence-based treatment created by Dr. Marsha Linehan. It was originally created for the treatment of borderline personality disorder – a disorder characterized by highly suicidal behaviors, self-harm, and intense, out-of-control emotions. DBT has now proven effective in treating a wide array of mental health disorders – personality disorders, chronic depression, and anxiety disorders, eating disorders, and addictions.
DBT is a treatment designed for Adolescents and Adults who struggle to regulate their behaviors and emotions effectively. This can look like suicidal thinking, self-harm (cutting, etc.), addiction, difficulty with anger/rage, chronic depression and anxiety, eating disorders, intense shame, and unresolved trauma to name a few. Clients who would most benefit from DBT are those where “treatment as usual” (traditional psychotherapy) has not been effective and/or their behaviors and emotions cause severe impairment to their quality of life. DBT is an empirically supported treatment – meaning it has been studied at length in clinical trials and has repeatedly proven effective.
Minneapolis Adolescent Dialectical Behavior Therapy is a program for families with children ages 8-12 that display:
- Aggressive verbal or physical behavior
- Difficulties with relationships
- High anxiety
- High intensity of emotions
- Are being bullied
- Self-injurious behaviors
- Suicidal ideation
- Other behaviors which have not been successfully treated by standard therapy
Parent/Guardian and child will be expected to attend: individual DBT therapy, skills training group, and family sessions.
Skills gained from Minneapolis Adolescent Dialectical Behavior Therapy:
- Increased awareness and management of emotions
- Social skills
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations
- Self-awareness and awareness of surroundings
For Adult DBT, click here.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle.
Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones. Call the professionals at Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028.
Clinics Near You
About Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota. With a population of 429,954 as of 2020, it is the most populous city in the state and the 46th most populous in the nation. The county seat of Hennepin County, Minneapolis lies along both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of its confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital.
- With one of the nation's best park systems, the city is abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
- Anchoring strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the Guthrie Theater and the First Avenue nightclub. Reflecting the region's status as a center of folk, funk, and alternative rock music, the city was the launching pad for several of the 20th century's most influential musicians, including Bob Dylan and Prince. Hip-hop and rap scenes produced artists Lizzo, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, and Dessa.