Minneapolis Children’s In-Home Therapy
Minneapolis Children’s In-Home Therapy & Skills/Professional Family-Based Division (PFBD) of Nystrom and Associates has been in existence since 1992, meeting the mental health needs of children from ages 2–21 who have emotional and/or behavioral disorders. PFBD employs Mental Health Professionals and Mental Health Practitioners who work flexible schedules to meet family needs. Our Minneapolis Children’s In-Home Therapy staff is committed to meet with children and families in their homes to best serve a wide variety of populations and diagnoses. Our goal is to meet families where they are in their own journey, valuing their individual strengths, viewpoints, and challenges. We work together with the child and family to find the paths that lead to the most successful outcomes.
Minneapolis Children’s In-Home Therapy provides mental health services to children and their families. We use a systems approach as the participation of the family in the process will produce the greatest chance for success. Our staff meets with the child and/or family at least two times per week for extended hours. We are available to meet with families in their homes, the child’s school, daycare, or another appropriate community location. The mental health professional conducts the intake in the family’s home to provide the diagnostic assessment. Subsequent appointments are kept by the mental health practitioner, individual, and family skills.
What Does Minneapolis Children’s In-Home Therapy Services Include?
- Skills Training: Focuses on helping the client learn specific skills to alleviate or minimize the symptoms of their mental health diagnosis. Skills include; social skills, alleviating symptoms associated with depression or anxiety, anger management skills, cooperation, compliance, and skills to assist with symptoms of ADHD.
- Psychotherapy: A planned, structured, face-to-face treatment of a recipient’s mental illness.
- Crisis Assistance: helps the child, family, and all others who care for the child to recognize factors precipitating a mental health crisis, learn crisis-management skills, identify behaviors related to the crisis, and be informed of available resources to resolve the crisis.
- Early Childhood Team: works with children ages 2-6 who are having significant behavioral difficulties to improve relationships, implement structure and parenting skills, and develop regulation skills in order to improve overall function.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you or someone you love is suffering from psychiatric disorders, there is hope. Life with a mental disorder does not have to be a daily struggle.
Discover the world of difference treatment can make for you as well as your loved ones. Call the professionals at Nystrom & Associates today at 320-460-8028.
Clinics Near You
All Children’s In-Home Therapy Locations
About Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota. With a population of 429,954 as of 2020, it is the most populous city in the state and the 46th most populous in the nation. The county seat of Hennepin County, Minneapolis lies along both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of its confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital.
- With one of the nation's best park systems, the city is abundant in water, with thirteen lakes, wetlands, the Mississippi River, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
- Anchoring strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the Guthrie Theater and the First Avenue nightclub. Reflecting the region's status as a center of folk, funk, and alternative rock music, the city was the launching pad for several of the 20th century's most influential musicians, including Bob Dylan and Prince. Hip-hop and rap scenes produced artists Lizzo, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, and Dessa.