In-Home Program For Adults
Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. (NAL) provides an Adult In-Home Therapy program to support individuals with a mental health diagnosis who experience barriers to receiving therapy in an office setting. Individuals will meet with a therapist in the home to resolve problematic behaviors or difficult thoughts and feelings related to mental health symptoms and life circumstances. Therapy includes processing through the core thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that impact our life and cause stress or emotional, physical, or mental pain. This can include working through relationship issues/conflicts, personal dilemmas, past trauma, and other life challenges and may involve individual therapy, couples therapy, and/or family therapy.
Adult in-home therapy brings the needed services of psychotherapy to clients in their homes who experience psychosocial or environmental barriers to getting into the office for regular outpatient therapy appointments.
Who is In-Home Therapy for?
- Adults ages 18+
- Clients who have received a diagnostic assessment from a qualified mental health professional that identifies a mental health diagnosis and clearly identifies the need for in-home therapy (for example: what barriers are present that prevent client from getting into the office, including medical issues, transportation barriers, severe mental health symptoms, etc.)
- Clients who have a qualifying insurance (our office will verify this for the client)
These services are particularly beneficial for individuals who suffer from severe social anxiety, agoraphobia, have physical or medical conditions or who have transportation barriers which prevent them from leaving their home.
What Does In-Home Therapy Entail?
- Our therapists will meet with you in your home or community setting to provide psychotherapy services; including individual therapy, family therapy, and couples therapy, depending on treatment needs.
- Problems worked on in therapy include difficulties in coping with daily life; the impact of trauma, medical illness or loss, like the death of a loved one; and specific mental disorders, like depression or anxiety.
- Our therapists use many different therapeutic modalities and tools based on the individual client needs, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills, Trauma-Informed Care, etc.
- Therapy typically begins with one 60 minute appointment per week and then generally starts to taper off as clients make progress and accomplish goals.
- Therapists will continue to meet with clients until they have met their goals.
- Therapists will coordinate with the care team of the client as requested.
In-home therapy insurance types: MA, PMAP, and some commercial plans but there may be out of pocket costs related to the travel.
For more information on our programs and scheduling, please please contact our coordinators.